Wednesday, June 11, 2014

MAGAZINE!!!

So much has happened!!!!  When it rains. . . .

The new issue of American Patchwork and Quilting just came out, and it has a feature on ME!!! How fun is that?!?  I am so blessed!

I couldn't tell you about it before, but when they came to my home last fall to photograph, I was busting at the seams (so to speak) to tell you all about it.  But I was good and kept my mouth shut.  So now it has been out for a couple of weeks, and I haven't even had time to talk about it!!!

Here is the cover.  It is the August 2014 issue, and is on newsstands now.  If you subscribe to APQ, you will already have it.


Then, inside, starting on page 18 is a really nice article about me and my business.  They did such a nice job (as they always do).  Jennifer Keltner, the editor of APQ was here at my home with two photographers for a couple of days.  We had a great time together!  Such nice people!! Jennifer has since moved on to be the head honcho at Martingale publishing.  She certainly keeps busy!



I thought that I had taken some photos the day of the shoot at my house, but I guess I was pre-occupied.  I only found a couple.  Here are a few behind-the-scenes looks.  My studio was full of ladders, cameras, reflectors, and people!  



I also have a project in this issue, called "Fresh View."  It starts on page 54.  It's a cheery quilt with lots of color--I used a lot of my different fabric collections for this one.  I have kits available on my website as well as copies of the magazine, if you can't find it near you. 


Next week on Monday the 16th I will be a guest on Pat Sloan's APQ Radio show.

Live Show time is:
4pm - 5pm Eastern
3pm - 4pm Central
2pm - 3pm Mountain
1pm - 2pm Pacific


You can go here to listen to the show:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines-more/quilting-podcast 

The show is also recorded so you could listen to it later.  (Search American Patchwork and Quilting at iTunes.)

Pass the word along.  I would love to have you listen in!!

Happy Quilting!
















9 comments:

Michele T said...

Congratulations!!! You must be on cloud 9 or higher!!! I will definitely tune in!!! Love your quilt "Fresh View" it is absolutely stunning!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !

msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Joan said...

Congratulations! Loved the article in the magazine and Fresh View is beautiful.

Helen L said...

Hi Jill!! How wonderful!! I've got to go find that magazine now!! (Although, I was thinking "I got to actually BE in her house during her open house in the fall!!") :-)
And I LOVE the quilt you made for the magazine: it made me gasp, it is so stunning!! Now I know what I'm making with the fabric I have from your Poppy line!! Congrats on all the good happenings!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Rosa said...

Congratulations,that`s fabulous and you must be overjoyed. Hope more to come!!

Sinta Renee said...

That is such exciting news! Congratulations to you! That is pretty fun! I will go look for a copy of my very own!

In stitches and seams said...

wonderful news I look forward to reading the article.
in stitches

Margo Yang said...

I just love your designs and your book. I'm working on your 'Cherries Jubilee' pattern for my local quilt shop as a display.

Today I mentioned your website in my blog at shadowlanequiltandcraft@blogspot.com

Congratulations on the newest article in the magazine. You deserve to be in a spotlight.

KaHolly said...

How very exciting for you!! Congratulations.